Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Urban Walking

I am now spending considerable time in Lethbridge helping out my daughters so when I have some free time I take walks for my physical and mental health. The joy of walking is that no matter where I am when I have a few spare moments I can always talk a walk. The next three records are walks I took in West Lethbridge.

March 12, 2012, walked West Lethbridge. Solo.

I started at about 4 pm and finished around 7:30 pm. I walked around the edge of new and not so new development in the SW part of West Lethbridge. Found a few new parks and trails. I was able to keep up a pretty good pace but I wore blisters on my feet

12.8 km

On the same day I also walked back and forth between my daughter's places a few times which added about another 4 km. so my total distance for the day was about 16 km (10 miles).

March 14, 2012, walked from West Lethbridge to downtown and back. Solo.

Started around 12:30 pm from my daughter's place and ended at my other daughter's place at around 3 pm. The walking trail took me well off the direct route because it goes through the U of L before it swings back to Woopup Dr. I saw a flicker in the river valley. The Route that I took back was a bit more direct. Not a peaceful walk because it is mostly along a busy thoroughfare.

The walk to downtown was about 5.5 km. the walk back from downtown was about 5.1 km.
The total distance was 10.1 km.
My time was 2 hr. 15 min. moving. 4 min stopped.

March 15, 2012, walked West Lethbridge, solo.

I started around 6:30 am and finished around 8:30 am. Walked north to Walsh Dr. and then counter clockwise around the new development.

Total distance 7.36 km.

My time was 1 hr. 48 min. moving. 2 min. stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment