Friday, March 9, 2012

A February Finish

Feb. 22, 2012, Campbell Lake, Hamilton House track, skied with my brother and sister and my sister's neighbors.

On this day five of us got out skied. It is always to ski with family and friends. We got started about 10:30 and finished about 1:30 pm. It was a beautiful mostly sunny day.

Total distance 7.2 km.
1 hr. 45 min. moving, 36 min stopped. 337. Max. elev. 1811ft.

**********

Feb. 23, 2012, Skied Campbell Lake, Hamilton House track, with my sister and her neighbor.

Started around 10:30 am and finished around 1 pm. We skied around the lake clockwise to the old railway grade then skied east on the grade to the Alberta - Saskatchewan boundary, the 4th meridian. At the Meridian I skied up nice sized hill on the the south side of the grade, and did a fun run down with a fall at the bottom.

Total distance 9.18 km

2 hours moving and 17 min stopped.

********

Feb.24, 2012, Skied Campbell Lake, Hamilton House track with my sister, and her neighbor, my brother and my grandson.

My grandson is a novice so we stuck together and the others went on ahead. I checked out one of the biggest beaver lodges that I have ever seen.

Distance skied 2.8 km.

We walked back to my sister's house.

Distance walked 1.2 km.

1 hour 30 min moving, 20 min stopped.

*********

February 28, 2012, Skied with my brother to the Akamina Pass and then Cameron Lake.

We started out at about 10:30 am. There were 10 inches or 12 inches of new snow so the ski up the pass was a bit more difficult than it had been for me on February 20th. For most of the way we followed alpine ski tracks. Alpine skiers do not do the Herring Bone up the slopes so with the new snow I kept burying my tips which made the up hill more difficult. The Alpine Ski tracks went to within 200 or 300 metres of the boarder so the last few hundred metres we had to break trail. I had a plan to ski on to the Forum Falls but hours to ski up and about 15 min to ski down. The new snow made control on the glide breaking a bit of trail convinced me not to go any further. The ski back down was fun and easy because the deep snow kept our descent at nice manageable speed. It took almost 2 hours to ski up and only 15 min. to ski back down.

We were back down at about 1:40 pm so we decided to ski to Cameron Lake. There was such a high drift behind the Information Centre that I was able to clamber up the drift and onto the roof.

Total distance 8.83 km.

3 hrs. moving. 1 hour stopped.

Total ascent 667 ft. 5959 ft. max elevation.

I wasn't able to do any hiking or skiing on February 29 as I was too busy dodging all of the proposals for marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment