Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Closing of 2011

As it turns out my walk to the north shore of Cold Lake on December 29 was my last hike in 2011. By the end of that hike I had logged 588 km, more or less, in 2011. Mostly more because as I mentioned in earlier Blogs I have not logged every km that I have been in motion under my own power. There are several times when I have walked just to get some place in the city and I have not kept any log of that walk. Also not all of these km's were logged by hiking as I included distances travel on a bicycle or in a canoe or kayak or even on skates.
The purpose of this undertaking is not about numbers though. My purpose is to provoke any readers of this Blog to get in motion. In 2012 I intend to continue to log my kilometers traveled but I want to focus your/the readers attention more on how rich and fulfilling the outdoor experience can be when it includes some physical excursion.
This is where I would like you, the reader, to give me some feed back. I intend to continue to enthusiastically Blog about my outdoor experiences but if there are details that I need to include then only your feedback and constructive criticism will make me aware of it.
My hope is that by the end of 2012 I will have gone further faster and higher, anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment