Sunday, April 29, 2012

Plantwatch


April 16, 2012, walk in West Lethbridge, solo.

I started around noon and after a minor backtrack I walked directly to the University of Lethbridge. My main goal was to find a Geocache.
I photographed a big spider and I found Prairie Crocus and Moss Flox just beginning to bloom. I made some notes on the Prairie Crocus for Plantwatch.
 http://www.naturewatch.ca/english/plantwatch/
I then found the Geocache.
 http://www.geocaching.com/guide/default.aspx
I signed the Geocache log and left a carabineer in it.
The area east of the U of L is coulees and river breaks. During this walk I ascended and descended several moderate to steep slopes. This was the first time I had walked significant slopes since my surgery and I seemed to do okay.
I finished this walk between 4 and 4:30 PM
Distance: 12.1 km
Time: 3 hr. 33 min. moving, 30 min stopped.
Total ascent is shown as 1093 ft which surprises me but then I did go up and down the coulees a bit. Max. Elev. 3134 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment