Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oldman River Dam

March 25. 2012, walk the Oldman River Dam, solo.

I started out to hike the Drywood Creek trail as it is described in Joey Ambrosi's book Southern Rockies Trail Guide, but there was still a lot of snow on the roads there so I turned back. Since I was in the Pincher Creek area anyway I decided to go to the Oldman River Dam instead. I started walking along the river below the Spillway at around 12:30 pm and finished around 2:30 pm. There were a few fishermen coming and going throughout the day. I walked along the river then I walked the switchbacks up the dam. I descended along the paved road and then continued along he river to the bridge and back. There were plenty of Canada Geese on the pond and a few Richardson Ground Squirrels darting about. This was a rather leisurely walk.

http://www.uleth.ca/vft/Oldman_River/OldmanDam.html

Distance walked; 6.27 km.

Time: 2 hr 9 min moving, 40 min stopped.

Total ascent 421 ft. Max. elev. 3718.

No comments:

Post a Comment