Friday, April 13, 2012

Akamina Again, (When It Is This Good You Have To Go Back)


March 28, 2012, walk with my brother and his son to Akamina Pass and back.

I just had to do one more hike because on the following day I was getting a bit od surgery done I and I don't know how long it will be before I am back hiking again. This was an early spring hike that might have been better on snowshoes or skis but we had a good hike on snow.

My Blog on March 25, 2011 is about skiing to the Akamina Pass. The top photo here shows the snow on the roof of the Kiosk there. I now conclude that much of the accumulated snow had been knocked off or slid off because this year the weight of snow on the Kiosk was so great that it pulled the roof off and dumped all the snow on the east side.

Distance: 5.93 km.

Time: 2 hrs 5 min moving, 30 min stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment