Monday, December 26, 2011

Back at Kakamina

Dec. 10, 2011, Cross country ski with my Grandson. Waterton National Park.

This was my grandson's first time on Cross-country skis. Fortunately our feet are close to the same size so I let him put on my boots and skis and I put on a pair of snowshoes and we started up the Cameron Lake Road toward Cameron Lake. We got as far as the Akamina Pass Trail Head and then we switched. I put on the skis and he put on the snowshoes. I skied back and he snowshoed and walked back. He did pretty well and we will return and do this again.

When I am on an outing like this I like to use my light weight stove as much as possible. I feel that if I use this piece of equipment often then I am able to ensure it is in good working order. When we were finished the activity I fired up my stove and melted snow and made Hot Chocolate and heated up a package of dried chicken soup. This turned out to be a good way to warm up at the end of a very successful outing.

Total distance covered, 4.5 km

No comments:

Post a Comment