Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whitehorn Campsite to Trail Head/ Day 6


July 2, 2011
This would be one of the busiest days in the park. We encountered many day hikers on the trail. I would catch the gentle fragrances of scented soaps as the people approached and I wonder to myself just what my fragrance was. After camping for 5 days I would certainly have acquired my own unique bouquet.

On June 27, 2001 my notes tell about observing large boulders that had recently fallen onto the alluvial flat. During their fall the boulders had taken out Douglas Fur over a foot in diameter and left craters where they struck the ground. Sometimes the boulders then bounced about 40 feet. By the size of the craters the energy released would have been equivalent to that of an artillery round.

On the hike back Jim and I found the trail across the flood plain so we didn't hike the high bank this time.

Once we were at the north end of Kinney Lake we were encountering lots of day hikers and bicyclists. Cycling is permitted on the trail up to a place just past Kinney Lake where there are racks for locking bikes.

It was a pleasant day and a pleasant hike out.

This concludes my Robson Park Blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment