Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Transitions


March 20, 2011

I went skating in Hawrelak Park. I was pleased to find the ice there was still intact. There have been some years when the skating was over by March. But the ice was in poor condition as it was rough and it seemed very soft. I only skated for about 20 min and managed to do a couple of km in that time. I expect that this will be my last skate at this park for this season. I did find it a bit curious to be sharing the ice with Canada Geese. I assume these are geese returning to the north and looking for open water. There wasn't much open water, just a couple of puddles along the edge of the pond. The geese were subjects for more than one photographer though.

March 22, 2011

I made a stop in Calgary and found myself following signs to Beaver Dam Flats Park. I have never been to this park before so I did an exploratory walk. The park is on the east side of the Bow River and south of the Deerfoot Trail. My walk took me to the Calf Robe Bridge on the Deerfoot Trail and back, a walk of about 1 hour and a distance of about 4 km. I saw the first Gull of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment