Friday, March 28, 2014

The Peace River

I have not been so diligent at keeping this Blog up to date but a recent walk, near Hudson's Hope, BC, has  inspired me to make an entry. There has been enough warm weather recently to settle the snow sufficiently to make walking feasible on most trails now.  This is one of the better walks I have taken. The total distance I walked was about 8 km, but it was the 1 km, more or less, along the high bank of the the Peace River that was most inspiring. There is something about large rivers and Grand valleys which stirs my soul. On this walk my view of the Peace River, framed in it's immense and seemingly timeless valley, has again stirred my passion for such places.


There is a proposal by BC Hydro, currently in progress, to obtain approval to build a hydroelectric dam downstream near the town of Taylor. If Site C is built this river will be changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment