Thursday, August 20, 2009

Long Bay (Cold Lake)



Thursday August 13, 2009. If you go canoeing in the morning on Long Bay on a windy day you might just find yourself in a symphony of sensations where nature is the conductor and her elements are the orchestra. Or if I were a poet I could write the ultimate poem of how it was on the bay that day. But alas words fail me nor are there words enough to describe the complete sensations that I experienced on the bay on last Thursday morning. You just had to be there.

The consistency of immature Grebes, still unable to fly but skimming the water and then disappearing where the stopped. Each one traveling the same distance and each one diving at the end of their run.

I did see an American Bittern. I flushed it up and they are truly ungainly fliers. I haven't seen a Bittern in years or perhaps even decades.

Eagles and flowers and terns.

Places that I may have never been before. But hope to go to again.

Distance 15.3 km
Moving time 3 hours 53 min
Stopped time 20 min

No comments:

Post a Comment